Monday, March 12, 2007

A Win for DCRR!

Peter and I ran the Lower Potomac River Marathon Relay yesterday. We placed first in the co-ed division!

Our time: 3:34:35. Full results are here. Our team name is "Tortoise and Hare."

Peter did the first leg, which is a flat and scenic 14.6 miles. I ran the hilly 11.6 mile second leg. He ran quite strongly, meeting his half-marathon PR, and averaging 7:59.5/mile. I ran the race as a fast training run, averaging 8:22/mile.

The second-place winner in our division came in more than 10 minutes behind us. We also beat all 10 women's teams, and beat five of the nine men's teams. So besides placing first division-wide, we came in5th out of 27 teams overall.

Peter and I recap the race in our blogs, so check 'm out.

1 comment:

peter said...

Rhea ran a very good race in this LPRM 2-runner marathon relay, chasing down all the other coed relay runners that I let get away from me. I didn't mean to let this happen, but there was at least one coed relay runner ahead of me who was no longer even in my sight halfway through my 14 miles. So Rhea had to go hard to catch that runner's partner. Thanks Bex! It was exciting! You should know that Coach Rhea is an accomplished runner already, having started from scratch in the 2004 Army 10-Mile Race. That was only 2 1/2 years ago, and look where she's come. A six thousand mile journey... . Check out her blog and see what training she is currently receiving for having attracted the notice of Pacers running store. http://bexgirl.blogspot.com/